So the last time I posted here was in January.
Well, better late than never I guess?
Basically since the last post: I worked in Austria until May (and did a lot of travelling), then I went home in June and spent my summer teaching English online and generally being a bit lazy.
I’ve now been back in Austria for a month. I’m just gonna put a list here of what I’ve done so far and then hopefully I’ll be updating weekly (Wednesdays are my day off, yay!) so there’ll be a little more from next week on.
So, in the past five weeks, I have:
- been to the Weinwandertag – basically went for a walk around the vineyards in Vienna and drank some wine/Sturm outside. That was fun.
- celebrated my birthday by going to the Wiesn (like Oktoberfest). This was awesome; it wasn’t as busy as I remember Oktoberfest being and we bought Dirndls so we looked the part!
(And we bought beer – we had to blend in!)
- went for a bike ride along the Donau – and it was actually sunny, which was nice! The weather has been a bit hit-and-miss though, especially with all those early starts. 😦
- been to my first ever silent disco, right next to the Rathaus (town hall). They had two different stations to choose from on the headphones, which was such a good idea – one of the DJs had much better music most of the time than the other.
- been to Vapiano, like, three times. (I had a different meal each time though!)
- done a photowalk through the Burggarten on what was likely to be the last sunny day of the year.
- seen two of the museums (not 100% sure which ones as there are approximately 121304930001 museums in Vienna) lit up with cool designs (and went to another silent disco, which was not as great as the first).
- been to the Kürbisfest (pumpkin festival) Am Himmel and had my first Glühwein of the season. I’m totally not counting down to the first Christmas Market opening next week…
- taken another American to Primark for the first time.
- taught a bunch of classes (and had a bunch cancelled on me).
- started the preliminary plans for trips I want to take in the new year.
- started making plans for what I want to do next year (a bit early, but oh well).
And I’ve generally had a lot of fun so far.
So I’ll be back next week, I guess. Bye!